Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Georgia Tort Debate

This article from Georgia frames the debate from both sides:

"It comes down to who can hire the sharpest lawyers and what kind of jury you have. Do you have a jury that can evaluate data and reach a rational decision? Or do you have a jury that wants to give money away?

...Larry Sanders, chairman of Columbus Regional Healthcare System, points to the cost of malpractice insurance for his company.

Four years ago, Columbus Regional was self-insured up to $2 million. For any judgment over that, the company was covered by a policy that cost about $170,000. This year, Columbus Regional has increased its self-insurance exposure to $3 million. The policy to cover any damages in excess of that now costs the company about $1 million. Had Columbus Regional maintained its self-insurance level at $2 million, the policy would have cost the company more than $1.6 million.

Healthcare providers say the high cost of insurance coverage translates into high prices for healthcare."


Link...

5 comments:

job opportunitya said...

Fine blog. I found your site suitable for another
visit! And when I'm able to surf the web, I look for
blogs as great as your work.
No matter when you are, just stop by and check for my plastic surgery breast enlargement blog site.

job opportunitya said...

Excellent blog.  I go though the web in search of
blogs like this one. Its so good, that I plan on
returning to its site!
Search for my plastic surgery boston blog, it will leave you speechless.

job opportunitya said...

Captivate blog. I surf the web for blogs this
nature.The site are wonderful and will be returned to
again!
Want to see top notch work, peep my plastic surgery gone wrong blog site for the bomb work!

job opportunitya said...

Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
I will give you access to jump to my plastic surgery florida blog.

job opportunitya said...

Captivating blog. I love surfing the web for the
type of blogs that you do. It had me on the edge of my
seat and I kept going back to again and again!
I know that you love my work so, look up my vaginal plastic surgery blog.